- The Textile Necklace of your choice (we used this one)
- Thread (we used invisible thread)
1. Remove ends of the fabric necklace from the clasp- it helps to use very sharp embroidery scissors. With our necklace of choice, we ended up with 4 separate strands.
2. Create a circle with the beads.
3. Sew through the two beads that connect the circle.
4. Wrap the beads around this first circle and make another stitch to connect the two layers. Continue wrapping and stitching until you run out of beads.
5. Grab the next strand of beads.
6. Stitch the first bead of this new strand to the last bead of the previous strand. Continue to wrap - stitch - add new strands, until you are finished.
7. Admire your new trivet!
8. Test it out.
- We used all four strands for this large trivet, but you could keep them small and separate to use as coasters.
A Braided Trivet
- This style textile necklace is just begging for it's own DIY. Try braiding the strands before you wrap them into a trivet.